Find purpose and create impact with Zinc. Learn more about Zinc and the opportunities available in our team, in our portfolio and our Venture Builder below.
We find brilliant, passionate individuals, and support them to build mission-driven, commercial businesses.
Zinc’s Talent team focuses on finding the most passionate and talented people, then offer them a supportive platform to excel, maximise their impact, and change the lives of hundreds of millions of people for the better.
Could you tackle some of societies biggest issues? We want to hear from you.
Below, you’ll find the current vacancies within our expanding Zinc team and the latest opportunities to join our mission-driven portfolio companies. Our next Venture Builder starts in-person, in our London HQ, in October 2023. Will you rise to the challenge and join us?
You will be responsible for building and optimising our funnel of candidates for a number of different Zinc activities both internally & externally.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Manage Zinc owned social media accounts including content creation, scheduling & analytics.
- Take responsibility for outreach to find new Venture Builder candidates for upcoming cohorts using paid social, job adverts and other partner related activities.
- Promote Zinc’s range of events throughout the year in the London HQ, as well as organising and coordinating events of your own with support from the team.
- Own email marketing for Zinc including drafting, designing & scheduling regular emails, plus optimising for conversions using our Hubspot platform (if you’ve used this before, great. If not, we can show you).
- Work closely with the Senior Community Associate to manage outreach to our network of Fellows (experts, mentors & advisors to Zinc founders & teams)
- Assist the talent team with outreach for other roles within Zinc
- Be responsible for meet and greet sessions with new candidates who need to know more about what we offer at Zinc
As a Talent Associate, you will play a crucial role in supporting the recruitment process for our flagship Venture Builder, ensuring a seamless experience for candidates and our team.
- Previous experience in talent acquisition, recruitment coordination, or related roles.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive problem-solving mindset.
- Experience in using digital platforms for recruitment coordination (e.g., Hubspot, Airtable).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Motivated, self-driven, and committed to delivering exceptional outcomes.
- Passionate about tackling social challenges and making a positive impact.
PhD Student Innovation Internships 2023
We are excited to be recruiting for our next round of innovation internships, where an interdisciplinary cohort of PhD students will join a 3-month internship to get first-hand experience of mission-led, early-stage innovation. Building on our successful 2022 innovation internships programme, we will be bringing together a new group of PhD students who will apply their research skills and knowledge in work with founders, and to learn what it takes to build and run a commercial start-up with a big social mission.
Applicants must have a strong interest in one of Zinc’s four broad missions to: improve mental health, tackle challenges relating to the future of work and improving financial resilience, support healthy ageing, and reduce environmental harms.
Co-Managing Director - Deeptech Ventures
Zinc has launched a new business unit focused on IP and knowledge related venture building – Zinc Deeptech Ventures. The deeptech team is focusing on ventures being spun out of academic and industry institutions as well as independent deeptech developers to build up as successful startups and enterprises, while still aligning to the core of Zinc, its mission-driven venture building.
The successful candidate will:
- Co-lead this new business unit, moving from proposition-development and testing through to launch, iteration and scale.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with deep tech originators (universities, corporates) to drive sourcing and assess investment opportunities, as well as other key stakeholders such as funders.
- Oversee venture building implementation of the knowledge-led venture builder within Zinc.
- Secure funding and develop a sustainable business model for the business unit.
- Design and deliver individual and cohort programmes, including working with the ventures very closely in a hands-on capacity where necessary, helping source talent for the ventures and helping navigate the Zinc ecosystem of support with the ventures.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve the program to maximize results.